Friday, May 25, 2012

Welcome to my blog!

I am a late-comer to this medium. The fact is, I am and always have been a bit of a techno-phobe. I was the last of my friends to embrace--in order--computers, email, cell phones, and texting. I have yet to join Facebook, although I am getting close so maybe I'll do a post about it one of these days! In college a friend told me, "If you had been alive when they invented the car, you would have said, 'What's wrong with the horse-and-carriage?'" He was right.

So who am I and what am I going to write about? I am a writer living in Brooklyn, NY, and the mother of two, ages 5 and 8. I've written two children's books (The All-American Jump and Jive Jig and a Christmas picture book that is due out next year), a number of decorating books (among them Country Living Cottage Style and House Beautiful Decorating With Books), and a whole bunch of magazine articles (for O, Town & Country, Country Living, and Art & Auction to name the ones I'm proudest of).

As for a topic for this blog, I've decided to focus on children's books. I write them, I read a lot of them to my kids, and I even collect them. I have most of my favorites I read as a child, some with pages barely clinging to the spine, and I can't pass a yard sale without browsing the selection (which explains why I have many more books than shelf space). I'll share with you the titles I love, writers and illustrators I love, my own writing process, and general musings on all manner of children's books.

Thanks for reading, if you've happened to stop by. Please leave a comment anytime you'd like!

No comments:

Post a Comment